Monday, July 13, 2009

A summer day


The tall green is reedmace. This green can't be said that it is beautiful. Even if I pick up flower materials in the fields, I would never pick up... But in ikebana, this green is often used. Why?

I didn't know the reason even while I was putting the green in a vase in an ikebana lesson, so I didn't know how to arrange it. But after finishing the work, when I looked at my work from the front at a distance, I felt I could understand why the green is used in Ikebana.

Appearance of the standing is impressive and I could say it's beautiful. I don't think there are any other leaves with the long length like this. The leaves draw soft lines naturally because of its length, and it gives the work an expression.

In ikebana I often know the hidden intrinsic aspects of flowers which I can not know on first glance. This green is not gorgeous like a dahlia, but there is its essence, and when I can reflect the essence into my ikebana work, I can make the best work.

Insight is one of the keys in ikebana.

No comments: